Hi Barry,

I’m glad to hear that things are smooth and the technicians are kind and patient — that has always been my experience with the staff at Princess Margaret.

I’m afraid I can’t answer your question about exercise but I can tell you that you might be feeling rather crappy on your daughter’s birthday. (Happy birthday to her!). The day of infusion you will feel fine but it is the following two days when you may expect to find the effects of the chemo. You would feel nauseous (make sure you take your anti-emetics and stay ahead of the curve) and John also used to get shakes. Then you would gradually feel better.

Cisplatin may affect your hearing. If you get ringing in the ears, let your MO know ASAP, they can switch you to another chemo.

It’s good news about the pituitary adenoma. It’s also a relief to know that you now have a neurologist who is aware of your case.

The treatment is tough but it is doable. Take it a day at a time. My very best to you.

Gloria
She stood in the storm, and when the wind did not blow her way, she adjusted her sails... Elizabeth Edwards

Wife to John,dx 10/2012, BOT, HPV+, T3N2MO, RAD 70 gy,Cisplatinx2 , PEG in Dec 6, 2012, dx dvt in both legs after second chemo session, Apr 03/13 NED, July 2013 met to lungs, Phase 1 immunotherapy trial Jan 18/14 to July/14. Taxol/carboplatin July/14. Esophagus re-opened Oct 14. PEG out April 8, 2015. Phase 2 trial of Selinexor April to July 2015. At peace Jan 15, 2016.