Thank you Christine and Gloria. Your advice is greatly appreciated and everything you say makes total sense.

I hadn’t thought much about the compromised nature of immune systems but it seems obvious. I will take more care to avoid kids and germs and crowds. My objective in exercising wasn’t oriented to losing weight, it was more about being outside and participating in activities as a form of distraction from the unpleasant nature that is the main focus of my life. Again you make sense in realizing that I’m not going to feel much like exercising for much longer.

I’m hoping that the peg tube is going to allow me to maintain my weight where it is. I haven’t been particularly hungry for the past 6 weeks and have lost 15 pounds. Now I can just adjust “food” that is going into the peg tube to maintain weight or increase it a bit. Or is that being too simplistic about how this is going to play out?

Thanks again everyone for your advice. Your selfless attitude toward other oral cancer patients is really appreciated.

Barry

Preliminary diagnosis of SqCC at base of tongue August 2, 2019.
Biopsy surgery on August 15
Confirmed sqcc from biopsy Aug 20 - hpv type 16
33 radiation treatments ended October 25, 2019.
3 (large dose) cisplatin treatments.