Hi gmcraft.

You are right in a bunch of ways. It does feel like a whirlwind. Being pulled in many different directions at once. Appointments virtually every day - and treatments haven’t started yet.

You are also correct about the picc tube. Went to an appointment today where they patiently explained why it was needed. It will be inserted next week before first chemo treatment. Met the nutritionist this morning as well and scheduled the install of the g tube next Wednesday. I just thought (and after reading many experiences on here) that it would be good to have that option in place before treatments start.

I live about a 2minute drive or a 5 minute bike ride or about a 15 minute walk to the cancer treatment centre. I’m hoping I can ride my bike there but have back up plans in case I can’t make it during the later treatments.

Oh, and they extracted a wisdom tooth last week. The dentist thought it was right in the area where the strongest radiation was going to be delivered so as a preventative measure he recommended extraction. I wasn’t happy about it but had to trust the team.

I will keep an eye out for the anti nausea meds around chemo time. I’m not trying to be a hero, just survive this ordeal. Thank you again for all of your helpful suggestions.

Preliminary diagnosis of SqCC at base of tongue August 2, 2019.
Biopsy surgery on August 15
Confirmed sqcc from biopsy Aug 20 - hpv type 16
33 radiation treatments ended October 25, 2019.
3 (large dose) cisplatin treatments.