Barry, I’m sorry to hear the biopsy result. The kind of surgery you mentioned I’ve heard about before from one of the doctors who was at the time a fellow. It sounds totally brutal to me. Did your doctors mention drug trials? It’s something to consider as well. The chemo and immunotherapy that the doctors mentioned, if you agree to it, will mean you continue to be in the care of an MO, which I find a good thing (there’s probably some dependence there) rather than being sent back to your family doctor right away. John had a CCAC nurse (what do they call them now?) come to the house to give him support every week. So, it’s not a bad thing to stay on the MO’s radar. I’m glad you are seeing a therapist. I find it helpful myself and I think John did too.

Gloria
She stood in the storm, and when the wind did not blow her way, she adjusted her sails... Elizabeth Edwards

Wife to John,dx 10/2012, BOT, HPV+, T3N2MO, RAD 70 gy,Cisplatinx2 , PEG in Dec 6, 2012, dx dvt in both legs after second chemo session, Apr 03/13 NED, July 2013 met to lungs, Phase 1 immunotherapy trial Jan 18/14 to July/14. Taxol/carboplatin July/14. Esophagus re-opened Oct 14. PEG out April 8, 2015. Phase 2 trial of Selinexor April to July 2015. At peace Jan 15, 2016.