Teresa,

Go to the main page--oralcancerfoundation.org and find the search box and enter vascular invasion. I am not familiar with the term, but from what I read, it does not sound good.

If you want him to have a fighting chance, you need to get involved in his care and go to his doctor's appointments. I know you said he doesn't want you there, but this is a life or death situation about someone you obviously care deeply for. It's selfish on his part to keep you at arm's length.

Even the un-stubborn patients often go armed to the doctor's with a 2nd set of ears. This is a complicated cancer. We've seen the best and most diligent patients die on this forum...rarely is there someone who doesn't give this their all because this cancer is a killer!

I don't feel like he's giving you enough information, or accurate information. Caregiving is a touch job, and you can't do the job if you don't have the facts. Teresa, if you want to help him, you have to figure out how to be at his appointments. Do you know if he going to a Comprehensive Cancer Center?

Margaret
----------
C/G: Husband, 48 (at time of dx)
Dx 5/18/07 SCC, BOT, lymph node involvement. T1N2BM0. (Stage 4a, G2/3)
Tx 6/18 - 8/3/07, IMRT x 33 Cisplatin x3 (stopped after 1st dose due to hearing issues). Weekly Erbitux started 6/27/07 completed 8/6/07.