I am so confused on his treatment protocol. For the people here who have received radiation treatments (is that what you are referring to when you say RX?)they had significant radiation planning done and a face mask made in advance of treatment that forced the patient to stay in one place to allow for the radiation beam to be administered correctly. I don't know of anyone who just got a blast of radiation w/ out all of the planning and preparation.

Generally, radiation treatments are given daily for 7 weeks. Side effects start later on.

I still am concerned that your boyfriend may win the stubborn battle but not the war on cancer.

Would he listen to his family? What would happen if you got more people involved in talking to him?

What does he say when you ask him if he had clean margins during surgery?

The counts are likely a result of a blood test and is showing how his body is reacting to the chemo. He should be careful being around people who are sick as he may be more susceptible to catching what is going around. And, he should listen closely to the doctors when they give instructions based on the results of his lab work.

They can't do counts to detect oral cancer.

I still don't know anyone who was treated with the metho. This cancer is very, VERY aggressive and deadly! I think he's playing with fire if he isn't listening to his doctors primary recommendations.

Did I read on another post that he is still chewing tobacco? Honestly, if that's that's the case, I believe he's doing everything possible to minimize his chances for a long, happy life!

Margaret
----------
C/G: Husband, 48 (at time of dx)
Dx 5/18/07 SCC, BOT, lymph node involvement. T1N2BM0. (Stage 4a, G2/3)
Tx 6/18 - 8/3/07, IMRT x 33 Cisplatin x3 (stopped after 1st dose due to hearing issues). Weekly Erbitux started 6/27/07 completed 8/6/07.