Hey guys smile Sorry I'm late posting back on here with an update.

The news was very good smile It turns out the 'lump' I was stressing over was just part of my tastebuds. My 'Circumvallate Papillae' to be a little more precise. I couldn't compare it to the other side of my tongue because the other side isn't there. It's just the graft of muscle from my thigh.

I'm extremely relieved and grateful leading into the festive season. I feel very fortunate to have had no real serious problems since the end of my recovery from treatment. I certainly don't take it for granted.

Thankyou all of you for keeping me sane during the week. I almost feel embarrassed that it was something simple like this, but with my history I know it's better to be safe then sorry. I'd tried preparing for the worst.

Thanks again for the free advice. You guys are awesome smile

Cheers !

Dave

21 @ diagnosis. Tongue cancer(SCC) non smoker,HPV negative. 11 hour Surgery (30+ glands removed-left side neck dissection, 'jaw split' for 'access'-left side tongue dissection, graft & artery from left thigh for re-construction of tongue.44 rad t'ments.4x cisplatin.no peg.Clear PET scan 12/5/2011!