hey wendy, how are you smile

i'd met a few people from rural areas of queensland that came to Brissy (RBH) for treatment. my trip was an hour + dependent on traffic, so it was a rough drive in and back everyday when i was sick. but i couldn't imagine having to travel all that way and stay somewhere for the treatment. even in the worst of my treatment i was in my own bed, around family and mates. so well done to you guys for finding a way to manage!
that's unbelieveable news, congratulations smile
i'll be definitely popping on here on the occasion. i didn't know what to expect tonight, and it's already been worth it. i guess i felt pretty 'isolated'. maybe not the best word to describe it, but all i've heard from doctors is that i'm a rare case at my age, and i never had the chance to talk to other's that have gone through it before.

thankyou very much for your reply. and again, congratulations!,
all the best for you guys as well.
cheers,
dave

21 @ diagnosis. Tongue cancer(SCC) non smoker,HPV negative. 11 hour Surgery (30+ glands removed-left side neck dissection, 'jaw split' for 'access'-left side tongue dissection, graft & artery from left thigh for re-construction of tongue.44 rad t'ments.4x cisplatin.no peg.Clear PET scan 12/5/2011!