hi there. So sorry to read of another fellow young person getting this, but i feel worse for you, as i had a few more years till i got mine.
My heart just sank when you said they decided against peg because of the initial 6 weeks, and because you had already started treatment.
Here...they usually suggest you get it, even with the 6 weeks. And I had mine placed the 4th week of my 6, and only had issues cuz the darn hospital staff gave me a sickness that caused me to have problems with it, but i know many, many many people that get theirs even after their treatment has started and they have never had any problems with it! So it just makes me sad that ur docs were saying that! The peg is so much better then that darn nasal tube, frown

I am glad you are doing so well now. The physical issues will more then likely go away with time. I still have some shoulder pains on the side of my neck dissection if i work a long day, but it's so much better then what it used to be!

Keep up the great work! I feel we were at a big advantage to get it while we are still pretty young, we heal much faster then most of our fellow older people, and for me, i appreciate so much more now, and take less for granted!

Also, I don't have ultrasounds, we mainly do PET/CT scans over here as follow up after treatment, and if anything suspiscous pops up, they will do a biopsy and sometimes use ultrasound to guide the biopsy, but usually just the PET/CTs!

Keep up the great work.

25/female at diagnosis
Dx;stage 3 SCC tongue 03/25/2010
Surgery 04/13/2010
Trach,ng tube, peg feeding tube
Hemiglossectomy, right side neck dissection, 40 lymph nodes removed. Free-Flap transplant to tongue.
30 rounds IMRT ended July 15,2010