Cheers guys !

I was pretty nervous before the first speech I did because it was my first time I'd told my story in public. It was on a stage in the busiest part of Brisbane as well so it was a nice one to start with. I did the same speech later in the afternoon and I felt far more comfortable in comparison to the first one.

My brother filmed the first one, and I've uploaded it onto youtube for anyone who wants a look.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0qzeZnuaOo

A few errors in there. 'sperspectives= perspectives', and yes I have met myself lol.. Other than those 2 things, I think I did ok! Let me know what you think.

I kept it relatively short and sweet with my story because it wasn't really an 'intimate' set up for the audience. It was out in public in the middle of the city.. I may get opportunities to speak at other charity events where I'll go far more into detail on more specific details of my journey.

I also want to say that you guys on OCF have also played a major role in my recovery post-cancer. I found you guys when I was feeling lost, and members on here have helped me deal with what I went through last year. Knowing I wasn't alone on my journey made it alot easier for me to deal with everything. So thankyou all very much.

Oh yeah, and Gabe I did manage to get on 10 news. I was attempting to dance. Not very well though, but I did try. It was on the earlier part of the news. I left early because I had plans to play indoor soccer that night. If I stayed around I would have had some more air time behind the weather-woman lol..

Cheers!

21 @ diagnosis. Tongue cancer(SCC) non smoker,HPV negative. 11 hour Surgery (30+ glands removed-left side neck dissection, 'jaw split' for 'access'-left side tongue dissection, graft & artery from left thigh for re-construction of tongue.44 rad t'ments.4x cisplatin.no peg.Clear PET scan 12/5/2011!