hey guys, sorry i've been away all weekend and haven't had a chance to reply any earlier. I have tomorrow and Tuesday off work so i'm looking to get myself organized and send some away!

Thanks for the advice Anne-Marie. I hadn't thought of sending photos, but I will take a few to send along with the letter. I haven't got any photos of myself after surgery though. I was a pretty scary sight, especially with the jaw split. But i have a couple during radiation that I'll post.. And i'll send a few photos of my scars, mouth, etc.

I haven't gotten the tattoo yet, but a friend of mine who's great with art has designed a sketch for me. I'm actually quite excited about the idea. It incorporates my battle with cancer along with the things that mean the most to me.. (and the things that got me through my experience.) I think it's going to turn out really well, and it'll be one to be proud of. I'm hoping to take it to the 'tattooist' this week.

Cheers Cheryld. Whether i was a smoker or not is always the first question i'm asked when i tell someone what i've had. I'm HPV negative too so there's no clear cause for me. Hopefully I can play my part in getting the word out.

Thanks for the advice. If anyone else has any ideas for me to add into my letter, please reply to me on here.. Or msg me.
Thanks again,
Cheers!
Dave

21 @ diagnosis. Tongue cancer(SCC) non smoker,HPV negative. 11 hour Surgery (30+ glands removed-left side neck dissection, 'jaw split' for 'access'-left side tongue dissection, graft & artery from left thigh for re-construction of tongue.44 rad t'ments.4x cisplatin.no peg.Clear PET scan 12/5/2011!