hey liza,
cheers smile and thankyou for the reply.
i'm sorry to hear that you're going through the treatment and the surgery again. i know the possibility of it's return is a scary thought for me, but i'm sure you'll be successful in your fight. you were strong enough the first time, so with a strong mind, you can do it again.i've got my fingers crossed for you smile

it did come as a shock of course, but at the time i saw it as a challenge. i guess youth, and how quick it happened deprived me of the fear everyone around me was feeling. i was in a good place mentally. ready for battle as i'm sure you are/will be! and i had much needed support to help me through it.

i only found this tonight by chance, and it's comforting to have that support group from those who have 'been there, done that'. i wouldn't wish any of it on my worst enemy. but like you say, it's very inspiring to see how strong some people are,especially yourself!

hopefully i can build some bonds and frienships as well.

thankyou very much liza,
and i wish you all the best most definitely as well on your road to recovery. you deserve it.thankyou for your kind words

all the best mate,
dave

Last edited by Dave1989; 02-28-2011 04:25 AM.

21 @ diagnosis. Tongue cancer(SCC) non smoker,HPV negative. 11 hour Surgery (30+ glands removed-left side neck dissection, 'jaw split' for 'access'-left side tongue dissection, graft & artery from left thigh for re-construction of tongue.44 rad t'ments.4x cisplatin.no peg.Clear PET scan 12/5/2011!