@ChristineB
thankyou very much. i've had so many doctors tell me the same thing about being so young. i even once had a guy almost insist that i was a chain smoker, and smoked drugs in my youth. i told him, i'd only ever had one cigarette. i'm not even sure he believed me! luckily, he wasn't playing any part in my treatment. from memory, he was a part of the group giving me my ultrasound during treatment.

you make a good point. i was 21, healthy, active and i found it incredibly hard. by far the toughest thing in my life. i couldn't compare it to anything. but my physical recovery has always been faster than expected and i've got my youth to thank for that.

thankyou very much. the scan results were obviously a huge relief for myself, and all of my 'support crew'. it's good to see some other's on here from australia, but also people on the other side of the world as well. i'm glad i found this site.

cheers christine,
dave

21 @ diagnosis. Tongue cancer(SCC) non smoker,HPV negative. 11 hour Surgery (30+ glands removed-left side neck dissection, 'jaw split' for 'access'-left side tongue dissection, graft & artery from left thigh for re-construction of tongue.44 rad t'ments.4x cisplatin.no peg.Clear PET scan 12/5/2011!