Hey guys smile

I just want to ask something, and I�d love to hear what you guys think. I had an idea thrown at me today by my brother. It's just an idea at the moment, but it's got me really excited on the possibilities that it could become..

When I finished treatment, it was the toughest time getting back into physical activity and getting myself fit again mentally and physically. I wasn�t too keen on the idea of going to the gym, because I thought it was a pretty daunting place to go when I was so sickly looking & weak both mentally and physically. I�d lost a lot of weight because of my op, and all things that go with treatment and the whole cancer experience. It took a lot of motivation and help from the people closest to me to get me back out there.

But now, about 6 months later, getting back and getting fit again has turned out to be one of the best things in my recovery. Meeting people who have similar experiences I think has been the best! Being able to talk, and relate with people�s experiences, and understand the struggles we face together has been great for me personally. I�ve met some incredible, inspiring people.

The idea is to become a personalized trainer, who specializes with people who have gone through cancer, and perhaps disabilities. Those who are coming out of a life changing experience, and going into �rehab�, as I called it when I started going to the gym. What do you guys think? Would you personally like the idea of being trained by someone who has gone through similar life-changing experiences? I�ve found it�s frustrating to talk to those who aren�t familiar with your story, and can�t relate. It can be the difference between getting fit again, and back into enjoying life sooner rather than later.

It�s only at the idea stage. I literally heard the idea only about an hour ago when I was at the gym with my brother. But it has already inspired me. And I�m considering leaving my teaching p.e course that I started only 2 months ago, and throwing everything at it. I�ll have to look into tafe courses, and talk to a few trainer�s down at the gym. It�s something that excites me, and I know I�d have a genuine passion for. Something that teaching lacks for me a little bit.

Would love to hear what you guys think smile

Cheers,

Dave

21 @ diagnosis. Tongue cancer(SCC) non smoker,HPV negative. 11 hour Surgery (30+ glands removed-left side neck dissection, 'jaw split' for 'access'-left side tongue dissection, graft & artery from left thigh for re-construction of tongue.44 rad t'ments.4x cisplatin.no peg.Clear PET scan 12/5/2011!