hello smile
i searched on google and found this page. I'm not sure what else to say, but here's a short version of my story.

i'm 21 years old. i was diagnosed with tongue & neck cancer in late July last year (2010). i had a tumour on the left side of my tongue and cancer had also made it's way into my lymph glands. several tests & only a week and a half later, i was in hospital for surgery.(luckily!) my surgery went for about 10.5 hours, and consisted of cutting the left side of my tongue off, a graft and artery taken from my left thigh to piece together the 'new' half of my tongue. i also had my jaw broken for 'access' and a neck dissection to remove roughly 30 of my glands. i had roughly 2 months to recover from memory before i started what originally would be 6 weeks of radiation and chemotherapy (cysplatin every 2-3 weeks)..a week into treatment i discovered a lump on the other side of my neck (right), and was booked in for a ultrasound of the neck, which turned into a biopsy with a needle.this was unexpected by both myself and the doctors treating, but the cancer had spread to the right side of my neck. so i was booked in for an additional 8 weeks of treatment. so it totalled 9 weeks of daily radiation and a few more chemo's frown (i think 44 radiation treatments) so that was a pretty horrible time for me and my family. i missed out on getting a 'peg' because of the original 6 weeks of treatment expected, so i had the tube through my nose for weeks. as alot of you know the side affects were horrible. my treatment finished in late november, i just had my first ultrasound on my neck last week since treatment and it came back clear!my radiation doctor was very confident, but my surgeon thinks a pet scan should be done to be sure. so that's coming up. but all signs are very good at the moment. i'm not sure what else i can add to that, except i wasn't a smoker.. i had 1 cigarette previously in my entrie life in fact. and drink socially on the weekend like most people my age.
thanks for reading,
cheers,
dave

i'd be happy to chat about anything if i'm able to help. don't be afraid to ask
thanks again

21 @ diagnosis. Tongue cancer(SCC) non smoker,HPV negative. 11 hour Surgery (30+ glands removed-left side neck dissection, 'jaw split' for 'access'-left side tongue dissection, graft & artery from left thigh for re-construction of tongue.44 rad t'ments.4x cisplatin.no peg.Clear PET scan 12/5/2011!