hey, I thought I'd check back in here since i haven't been on for a while. i've been reading here often though.

I recieved some good news on Thursday. my first PET scan (post treatment) came back clear. so that was great news!

I'm fit and healthy at the moment and my appetite has been huge since i've returned to outdoor work fulltime and gym 4-5 times a week. Sour cream is my new favourite food. you can add it to almost anything, and it's delicious. it's certainly changed the way i taste & enjoy food again which is great.

I'm hoping to re-start a university course i'd begun just before my diagnosis last July. Studying to become a Primary school teacher.

my speech has been near perfect. i sound very much the same as before my surgery, which certainly wasn't expected. and my neck scar, thigh scar, & 'jaw split' scars are all healing nicely. so things are getting back to a 'new normal' which is good. I have a lot of people to thank for that.

something i've wanted to do since i was sick, was to get a tattoo that tells a story about my experience. i'm not sure where to start though. I'm a terrible artist. my drawings now, are actually worse than when i was 4-5 years old i think wink but i'll think of something, or get some help to design it.

thanks for the support i've been given here so far. i've really appreciated it. i've learnt alot in my short time here and it's certainly put my mind at ease on different aspects of my experience.
I can't thanks you guys enough smile
cheers!
dave

21 @ diagnosis. Tongue cancer(SCC) non smoker,HPV negative. 11 hour Surgery (30+ glands removed-left side neck dissection, 'jaw split' for 'access'-left side tongue dissection, graft & artery from left thigh for re-construction of tongue.44 rad t'ments.4x cisplatin.no peg.Clear PET scan 12/5/2011!