Hey everyone. I hope everyone is doing as well as possible.

Yesterday afternoon I noticed a tiny 'spot' or 'lump' towards the back corner of my tongue. It's on the opposite side of my 'graft' so it's on part of my 'original tongue'. It's tough to see or speculate what it is especially because of its location. I showed some family, and this morning I've booked in to see my surgeon next Thursday morning. That�s the earliest I could see them, so it's a bit of a long, anxious wait.

Today I felt pretty ordinary, going over all the crazy possibilities and fearing the worst in my mind. I think this is a natural reaction though. It just feels like it brings it all back in an instant when you feel or see something unusual. I was living carefree for a little while there.

I'd been sick though with cold/flu symptoms for the last 2-3 weeks and I�d begun worrying why it�s been hanging around for that long. I have been feeling quite a bit better in the last 2-3 days though before I�d noticed this spot in my mouth. (I don't actually check in my mouth very often- I probably should though..) I thought I�d felt something in my neck as well, but it�s been around the scars on my neck so it�s quite possibly scar tissue, or nothing. I think it�s possibly my mind playing games to a point as well. I guess it�s a case of once bitten, twice shy. But there is definitely a lump of some kind of my tongue.

Up until yesterday things have been going extremely well. I�ve been eating well, speaking well and living a more fulfilling life then I was pre-cancer. I�ve been keeping myself busier then ever, and I�ve really been enjoying life. I�m playing soccer again although I�m out at the moment with a fractured wrist that I did a couple of weeks ago (I'm 2 weeks in. 6 weeks total in a cast ). I�ve even began dating a nice girl just recently smile

Hopefully I�m just being whatever the male version is of a �drama queen�, and it�s nothing to worry about. It might even be gone by next week. And if it is the worst, then bring on round 2.. Fingers crossed it doesn�t come to that.

I needed to get that off my chest.

Cheers!

Dave

21 @ diagnosis. Tongue cancer(SCC) non smoker,HPV negative. 11 hour Surgery (30+ glands removed-left side neck dissection, 'jaw split' for 'access'-left side tongue dissection, graft & artery from left thigh for re-construction of tongue.44 rad t'ments.4x cisplatin.no peg.Clear PET scan 12/5/2011!