Hi Dave

How wonderful it is that you are trying to create awareness about this horrible disease. I was just talking with my dentist the other day and he said to me there is no clear explanation why this type of cancer is affecting younger people who do not fit the 'typical' OC patient profile. He also mentioned that he has seen more women who are in their late 30s/early 40s present with OC in the last few years and he was at a loss as to why this was the case. Most were HPV negative (myself included).

I am finding that in Australia there is no media coverage or any kind of public awareness dedicated to OC apart from the occassional ad that shows the correlation of smoking and OC. I am so glad that you have chosen to make a difference and I wish you all the best in your endevours to change this situation. You are an amazing young man!!

Liza

Last edited by Lizzy67; 06-25-2011 09:36 PM.

SCC of the Buccal Mucosa (R cheek)- T1N0M0.10 hour Surgery on 27/9/10 involving resection with freeflap from radial forearm..clear margins. Neck dissection..negative nodes.Trachy, NGT, no rad or chemo needed at the time. Neck lump positive for SCC..again! MND 14/2/11. Waiting to have chemo and rads