hey bethers smile it's nice to hear from someone around my age, but at the same time it's terrible that you went through all this as well!

looking back, it definitely would have been alot nicer to have the peg. It was pretty horrible having the nasal tube in for those weeks to say the least. but i guess the doctors have learnt from my case, and the next person who comes along will be given the peg. so some good may have come of it i hope!

I do share you're attitude on it being almost a good thing to get this while we're young. i had a shocking time in recovery after my op with the jaw split making things worse. but i still managed to get out of there in 8 days. and i'm back at fulltime work outdoors & at the gym now since i've finished treatment. so things have healed up nice and quickly in comparison to some other's i'm sure. so we're certainly lucky there!

i definitely take less for granted like you say and appreciate the little things in life. i don't even follow the date at the moment. i'm just really enjoying feeling good. so not much gets me down or angry at the moment.

i'll also be getting a pet scan in may. and from then onwards, i assume it'll be 3 monthly scans if all goes well..

anyway it's nice to hear from you. and it looks like you're travelling very well also. congratulations smile i hope things continue on that path!
all the best.
cheers!
dave

21 @ diagnosis. Tongue cancer(SCC) non smoker,HPV negative. 11 hour Surgery (30+ glands removed-left side neck dissection, 'jaw split' for 'access'-left side tongue dissection, graft & artery from left thigh for re-construction of tongue.44 rad t'ments.4x cisplatin.no peg.Clear PET scan 12/5/2011!