Margaret, this was the hardest part for me. I told my husband he was in denial!! From the 4wk point to the very last wk. my husband was an emotional wreck. I begged for him to talk to someone or to get some meds for depresion. He said he didn't need anything. I think I cried the whole month of April.It was the beginning of May that I sought out a support group at our Dr. office. Best thing I could of done for myself. It helped me to understand what he was going through and to get a grip on my own emotions. I missed my husband. He wasn't interested in anything or anyone. There was even 1 week when he wouldn't even talk to our kids on the phone.(One is in Va. and the other in Ohio) He was so weak and could of cared less. That was the frightening part. I will say it does get better but we had a few dark weeks. If it wasn't for my parents and my friends and of course this forum I don't think I would have been able to get through this. I noticed on a diffrent post you were asking about making your husband walk and do things. I tried that. Then I just stopped and even with forcing the food. I had to let go for a few weeks. I was worried but he did make it through. Hang in there, your doing a good job with him. WE are here for you. take care.LJ

CG to husband 53,39 rads. 3 rds cisplastin ended 6/2/07 Tonsils removed 1.10.07 11 of 20 nodes positive- lump removed on rt. side of neck 1/26/07 cancer of nasal pharnyx TXN2MX 2nd rd. of chemo- carbo/taxol on 6/11/07