Yes, it is a good thing that we have more manners and ettiquette than some of our well meaning friends and relatives. One friend who I have heard her numerous times ask "what is someone's prognosis or chances" had me ready when she would eventually ask me. I just gave her a look that said it all. I don't know what it looked like but it should of shown that it was something I didn't want to discuss in a casual way with others around. Hopefully showed my fear, did she want to know that even if I could say 90% that who would want to face that their husband has a 10% chance of leaving us. Do they realize the reality of some of our answers. She later apologized and I was able to graciously tell her this is not the question we want to just casually answer.

Another time I just bit my tongue when we briefly met with a relative we barely see and he asked us "now come on, what's the deal with the cancer, did they get it all". It was like "come on, give me the facts and don't keep anything back". The sad thing was this was a Pastor who I hope doesn't deal with people like this in situations I know he encounters.

I guess even before this journey started 6 months ago I never felt I had the right to ask this of anyone. Even when my niece had leukemia I would of never dreamed of asking my brother.

Husband diagnosed Oct '11 Cancer of the vocal cord Nov '11 removed right vocal cord. Neck Dissection, cancer in one node, .2, very small & contained) Jan '12 Radiation and Cisplatin, 6 doses. June '12 & Dec '12 clear Pet scan. April '13 Celebrating 1 year cancer free since treatment ended.