Speaking of medical records. . . my mom had recommended me getting a record of every visit, proceedure and test. I finally requested my husbands reports and ended up with 80 pages and his PET scan on CD. It will be good having all this on hand if we ever need it for a second opinion. It proved very interesting reading!! Had to laugh when they commented on his mental state. Also when they would mention that my husband would leave the office (as was his practice) and his wife (me) would have a ton of questions. He even didn't go to 2 meetings with the doctor and just had me go. He has a definite "need not to know" mindset. I do all the reading and research and he says I'll do whatever you want. Let me take away his sugar and drank the worst green veggie shakes just for me.

Husband diagnosed Oct '11 Cancer of the vocal cord Nov '11 removed right vocal cord. Neck Dissection, cancer in one node, .2, very small & contained) Jan '12 Radiation and Cisplatin, 6 doses. June '12 & Dec '12 clear Pet scan. April '13 Celebrating 1 year cancer free since treatment ended.