Following up on Angelia's post, I hate it when "celebrities" can make money off of pushing bogus "alternatives" to chemo. While I have posted a link to web sites refuting some of these in other posts, I could not have said it better than this quote:
[quote]If there�s one thing I�ve become utterly disgusted with in the time since I first became interested in science-based medicine as a concept, its promotion, and the refutation of quackery and medical pseudoscience, it�s empty-brained celebrities with an agenda. Be it from imbibing the atmosphere within the bubble of woo-friendly southern California or taking a crash course at the University of Google and, through the arrogance of ignorance, concluding that they know more than scientists who have devoted their lives to studying a problem, celebrities believing in and credulously promoting pseudoscience present a special problem because of the oversized soapboxes they command. Examples abound. There�s Bill Maher promoting anti-vaccine pseudoscience, germ theory denialism, and cancer quackery on his show Real Time with Bill Maher ....Then there are, of course, the current public faces of the anti-vaccine movement, Jenny McCarthy and her boyfriend Jim Carrey... her efforts are contributing to the return of vaccine-preventable infectious diseases...Unfortunately, last week the latest celebrity know-nothing to promote health misinformation released a brand new book and has been all over the airwaves, including The Today Show, Larry King Live, and elsewhere promoting it. Yes, I�m talking about Suzanne Somers, formerly known for her testimonial of having �rejected chemotherapy and tamoxifen� for her breast cancer, as well as her promotion of �bioidentical hormones,� various exercise devices such as the Thighmaster and all manner of supplements. Her book is entitled Knockout: Interviews with Doctors Who Are Curing Cancer�And How to Prevent Getting It in the First Place."[/quote]
Of course none of these doctors are doing anything except getting rich off of the misfortunate of cancer patients and they are a true rogue's catalog of quacks.

65 yr Old Frack
Stage IV BOT T3N2M0 HPV 16+
2007:72GY IMRT(40) 8 ERBITUX No PEG
2008:CANCER BACK Salvage Surgery
25GY-CyberKnife(5) 3 Carboplatin
Apaghia /G button
2012: CANCER BACK -left tonsilar fossa
40GY-CyberKnife(5) 3 Carboplatin

Passed away 4-29-13