sorry for the delay in posting the update, but after my doctor's appointment, I had to drive the MRI scans and reports over to Georgetown CCC so my RO would have time to review them before my appointment tomorrow late afternoon. Then it was time to take my pain pills that I didn't this morning because I wanted to be clear headed.

GOOD NEWS: It looks like I'll get to keep my tongue and voicebox. the pain in my tongue is just referred pain from the tumor pressing on a nerve.

Complication: The tumor location in the left lateral wall/tonsil fossa makes surgery "highly problematic".
That leaves only radiation & chemo.

So tomorrow, my RO will schedule a Petscan and then see if I can do a third round of radiation (I just found an obscure article saying 133 GY total is doable and I've only had 97GY)

I'm scheduled to "discuss" with my MO an NIH clinical trial for chemo that Brian Hill turned me onto which my surgeon thought would be just the ticket. Not clear yet on the mechanics of getting in but I do meet all the criteria.

Now you all know what I know.
Oh, bonus news, today's Wall Street Journal had an article listing all the medications that can mimic the effects of Alzheimer's disease re memory etc and I've been on two of them daily: Lipitor & Robinul. That explains why I can wake up and think: Huh, is my cancer really back? wink

Keep the Faith
Charm

65 yr Old Frack
Stage IV BOT T3N2M0 HPV 16+
2007:72GY IMRT(40) 8 ERBITUX No PEG
2008:CANCER BACK Salvage Surgery
25GY-CyberKnife(5) 3 Carboplatin
Apaghia /G button
2012: CANCER BACK -left tonsilar fossa
40GY-CyberKnife(5) 3 Carboplatin

Passed away 4-29-13