Donna

Unfortunately I've been "too busy being dedicated" not to my TX, but to dealing with unexpected bureaucratic complications from turning 65 this month. My insurance as a former federal employee, like many others, makes Medicare my primary insurance automatically while of course still keep charging me my same premiums plus I pay another $1,200 for Part B coverage. Don't get me wrong, it's still a better deal than most all Americans have.
The problem is twofold: (1) paperwork as apparently the default assumption is that between Sept 30th and October 1, I was miraculously cured and (2) I was born on the same day, different year, as my Dad so I have his name but with the traditional Jr. Medicare has my childhood legal name from Social Security but when I started working a half century ago, the computer systems did not have an entry field so there were no suffixes. So now all my medical records need to be "corrected' to show that I am still the same person and not my own son.
My feeding tube supplier has put my orders on hold until they get extensive records from my doctor and the name changes done. This morning I have to fill out new forms before the radiation and chemo in three different places in the hospital to show Medicare is primary . So I'm sending emails, faxes, and making irate phone calls. It didn't help that I had a bad synergistic reaction to Robinul and Zofran and carboplatin that had me doubled up with abdominal pain for two days while dry heaving.
Nothing I can't handle but it's very time consuming. I'm trying to look at it as funny in an existential absurdity way.
Oops, have to run to get to the hospital early to get new orders for blood work with my childhood name
Charm, Jr.

65 yr Old Frack
Stage IV BOT T3N2M0 HPV 16+
2007:72GY IMRT(40) 8 ERBITUX No PEG
2008:CANCER BACK Salvage Surgery
25GY-CyberKnife(5) 3 Carboplatin
Apaghia /G button
2012: CANCER BACK -left tonsilar fossa
40GY-CyberKnife(5) 3 Carboplatin

Passed away 4-29-13