Yeah! I just passed my first major milestone/marker in my recovery. Now I know I will make it.

Before I knew the cancer had come back, I had bought tickets back in July to see "Herman's Hermits Starring Peter Noone" (Younger readers may not remember this British invasion band that in 1964 and 1965 rivaled the Beatles in the USA, nor their 16 top hits:
1Mrs. Brown You've Got A Lovely Daughter
2.No Milk Today
3.End Of The World
4.This Door Swings Both Ways
5.Just A Little Bit Better
6.I'm Henry The 8th, I Am
7.There's A Kind Of Hush
8.Silhouettes
9.I'm Into Something Good
10.Can't You Hear My Heart Beat
11.Dandy
12.Wonderful World
13.Hold On
14.Listen People
15.Leaning On A Lampost
16.She's A Must To Avoid (Banned in Virgina since the DJ's mistook Peter's accent to be saying : She's a Muscular Boy)

As the weeks dragged on in September with my radiologist insisting that the physicists keep redoing their calculations on developing vectors for this cyberknife that would not lead to necrosis (something I did not realize until I demanded an explanation for all those bills in the post above for weeks of "radiation therapy" work when I wasn't even there) , we realized that the concert last night would be exactly one week after my last cyberknife and third chemo.
Should we sell the tickets ? (the show was sold out and Stub Hub was offering $290 for the same two tickets we'd paid $90)
But the Birchmere Music Hall is a classic venue where every seat lets you see the performer's face and gestures since it's so small. Yet each night this week I had been racing to the bathroom to vomit, then gag and then spit out huge bloody chunks of dissolving tumor and phlegm. I developed a game plan of taking two naps a day and doubling down on my Caphasol (thank you AnaD) and Ativan and Percocet.
It worked. My wife and I could sit and remember the happy go lucky days of our youth. Peter sang each of his top 16 hits plus did impressions of Mick Jagger, Tom Jones, Johnny Cash, while telling funny stories about the Monkees and the Beatles.
there was no intermission just high energy fun.
Sitting in the dark, holding my wife's hand, we laughed and we cried (tears especially on End of the World with it's refrain
[quote]I wake up in the morning and I wonder Why everything's the same as it was. I can't understand, no I can't understand Why life goes on the way it does Why do the birds go on singing? Why do the stars shine above? Don't they know it's the end of the world
[/quote]which is how we felt in our hearts when we heard the cancer was back the third time. Instead, we left singing to ourselves, the lyrics to Wonderful World
[quote]But I do know that I love you
And I know that if you loved me too
What a wonderful world this would be
[/quote]
Keep the Faith
Charm

65 yr Old Frack
Stage IV BOT T3N2M0 HPV 16+
2007:72GY IMRT(40) 8 ERBITUX No PEG
2008:CANCER BACK Salvage Surgery
25GY-CyberKnife(5) 3 Carboplatin
Apaghia /G button