Dear Charm,

I am sick to my stomach reading this. I wish I had some great words of wisdom to comfort you and Bev. I'm not sure anybody can be prepared for the news you both have just received and I am so very sorry that you are facing a 3rd round with the beast. I think Christine's posts are most helpful because she's been where you are now.

I have high anxiety at baseline, so I have to make sure that I am good at staying on time with my meds (small dose of clonazepam, 3x per day). Already having in my system this time around has helped a lot, IMO. At least I wasn't having my total body tremble/shake like I was having some sort of seizure. Also, maybe I was more calm because deep down, I expected mine to happen. I know that's not positive thinking, but it was my intuition.

Now, I don't know Bev at all, but maybe she would benefit from seeking counseling herself. My cancer center has social workers and oncology counselors who are available to patients and their family at no extra cost.

As for you, my friend, I hope for the best for you to put this beast to bed for good.

(((Hugs)))
Kerri

37 y/o fem at Dx (23 wks preg @ dx on 3/16/11)
SCC L oral tongue (no risk factors)
L partial gloss/MND 3/28/11 @ 25 wks preg
T1-2N0M0; no rads/chemo
Tonsillectomy on 8/6/12 +SCC L tonsil T2-3N1M0 (HPV-)
Treated with 35 rads/7 carbo & taxol (Rx ended 10/31/12), but many hospitalizations d/t complications from rx.
Various scans since rx ended are NED!
Part of genetic study for rare cancers @ MGH.
44 years old now...I wasn't sure I would make it! Hoping for 40 more!