:(((((((( this bites.. And coming here is scary as hell! But we all have individual reasons for doing it - mostly it's to give back and help. I'm sorry it's back. you're living my nightmare, and everyone else out there who's had H&N ca. It's bizarre and terrifying who it effects and who it doesn't, who gets a recurrence or who doesn't, there's no rhyme or reason to it. The radiation dr. Looked at me and said if you hit three years free then it's highly unlikely it will come back - five years it's almost unheard of... I wanted to tell him BS I know people who've had that happen. Anyway there is a woman on my facebook page (there are three H&N cancer pages I belong to) she's had 5 recurrences and radiation each time. You can and will get through this, and as with misskate you know a full and rich life after a total glossectomy is very possible. we stand here with you as a support, and friend as you have for us. Tell your wife we're here for her too. Hugs to you both. frown

Cheryl : Irritation - 2004 BX: 6/2008 : Inflam. BX: 12/10, DX: 12/10 : SCC - LS tongue well dif. T2N1M0. 2/11 hemigloss + recon. : PND - 40 nodes - 39 clear. 3/11 - 5/11 IMRT 33 + cis x2, PEG 3/28/11 - 5/19/11 3 head, 2 chest scans - clear(fingers crossed) HPV-, No smoke, drink, or drugs, Vegan