Dear Christine,
I am so sorry that you lost your dear husband long before his body was ready to let go. I am grateful to know that as his passing came near, you were able to find some comforting moments that reaffirmed your love for one another.

I have been reading through your posts and you have had a long journey in such a short time. I can only hope that if I should be faced with a situation such as yours that I will have the strength and courage that you have shown in these last couple of months. You were a wonderful caregiver and Matt was very fortunate to have you. Something tells me that he would have been so for you if the roles were reversed.

I wish for you peace, comfort, and continued strength as you move forward in the coming times. Just know that your OCF family is here for you any time. I look forward to hearing from you again when you are ready. Take care of yourself, now. Allow others to take care of you, too. Rest, replenish, and enjoy that pup of yours. Animals have seemingly magical powers and just know when we need them for comfort.

Love to you and a great big hug,
Kerri

37 y/o fem at Dx (23 wks preg @ dx on 3/16/11)
SCC L oral tongue (no risk factors)
L partial gloss/MND 3/28/11 @ 25 wks preg
T1-2N0M0; no rads/chemo
Tonsillectomy on 8/6/12 +SCC L tonsil T2-3N1M0 (HPV-)
Treated with 35 rads/7 carbo & taxol (Rx ended 10/31/12), but many hospitalizations d/t complications from rx.
Various scans since rx ended are NED!
Part of genetic study for rare cancers @ MGH.
44 years old now...I wasn't sure I would make it! Hoping for 40 more!