We had quite the amusing outing Friday night. Matt's first real experience with those motorized carts at the local warehouse club. He failed to follow me, and went all over the place, not listening to directions... it was at the time disheartening, but I can really laugh about it now.
Again at an office store, driving in circles around the desks set up, as if trying to find his way out of a maze.
He's out of it a lot. I have learned to just make some sound of acknowledgement when he says bizarre stuff anymore.
It's easier than trying to set him straight, which is usually an impossible feat.
Mobility is still an issue. I really can't tell if the radiation to the hip is helping, but the spinal met. could be causing problems moving his leg too.
It's just a guess at this point as to what area causes what.
His daughter that lives a few hours away has said she will be making trips to see him every other week, and his local daughter is still visiting frequently. I LOVE having some local support and they usually back me up when it's needed.

When the doc says that time is limited, it's hard to decide when to worry. Like tonight, he seems to have a fever. In the past, I'd be prodding with a thermometer, pushing tylenol, and grabbing a cold rag asap. I touched his face and mentioned the warmth, and he shrugged me off. The concern wasn't wanted.
Am I slacking on my duties if I don't sweat the 'small' stuff at this point?

CG to my husband, Matt. Dx June 2009 Stage IV Oropharengeal SCC right tonsil primary with distant metastases. Rad to neck- Surgeries to lungs- Every avail chemo - ran out of options Jan 2012, called for hospice help Feb 2012, at rest March 19, 2012.