Oh my goodness... I hate this! My parents were here for about three hours, they took my son with them for spring break. I made sure he knew the possibility of Matt passing before he made it back and that he had the chance to say anything on his heart.
My step daughters came around 5 and stayed until after 10. Matt spent most of that time unresponsive, though for a moment he opened his eyes and said Hi to me. That one little word holds my heart in its grasp. I hang desperately onto each utterance, longing for just 5 more minutes to reminisce, to say silly I love yous and call each other honey bunny and baby doll, just one more smile on that face that I adore meant for me.
Oh wow... I am so not liking being alone right now. I sit next to his bed and try and massage his legs and arms. I am going to end up snuggled right in that hospital bed with him before the morning. There just is no preparing for this reality and how much it hurts and scares me.

CG to my husband, Matt. Dx June 2009 Stage IV Oropharengeal SCC right tonsil primary with distant metastases. Rad to neck- Surgeries to lungs- Every avail chemo - ran out of options Jan 2012, called for hospice help Feb 2012, at rest March 19, 2012.