Oh my dear Christine! I'm so sorry for the rough night you are having. I know you must miss the man your husband was before everything changed so drastically. It's such a rough road you are on. I wish I could be there with some hugs for you and a shoulder to cry on. I'm glad the day earlier on was good though, and that you got to do something for you to enjoy your day. I wish I had some practical ideas for you but I haven't been where you are. I wonder what the people in a care facility would do with a patient that refuses to cooperate - would they maybe duck tape the pads to the bed or chair? Or maybe get the "nurse from Hell" to come over and negotiate with him? I'm sure Matt is feeling really badly to be reacting this way and my heart goes out to both of you. I'm having one of my "can't sleep" nights so if you are still around and see this and want to "talk" just PM me, ok? I'll be around for a while.

Anne-Marie
CG to son, Paul (age 33, non-smoker) SCC Stage 2, Surgery 9/21/06, 1/6 tongue Rt.side removed, +48 lymph nodes neck. IMRTx28 completed 12/19/06. CT scan 7/8/10 Cancer-free! ("spot" on lung from scar tissue related to Pneumonia.)