I almost wish we had two stories Suez, I'd be using it for sure!
I'm not sleeping worth a damn anyway, and it sure doesn't help when he's having a bad night too...
He just got home from radiation consult, the previous records didn't get to the new doc until this morning so she doesn't know yet what she can do, they just did CT scans and such to determine the area that needs the radiation.
I am a bit concerned about this since he's already had two courses of radiation to the area, and they were reluctant to do the second. Not to mention he fell the other day! Just had the leg go out and spiraled to the floor. Ended up with abrasions on his forehead, elbows, and knees.
I wish he'd just call for hospice and let them help get the pain under control. i think that he feels it's giving up to call them. i of course tried to assure him that it's not like that, and he could use them as little or as much as he needs... it's a jagged little pill to swallow i am sure.
I do think he forgets sometimes that i grieve with him. He puts on a shell of anger or indifference and thinks i'm just waiting for him to die... as if i am not a part of this journey.

CG to my husband, Matt. Dx June 2009 Stage IV Oropharengeal SCC right tonsil primary with distant metastases. Rad to neck- Surgeries to lungs- Every avail chemo - ran out of options Jan 2012, called for hospice help Feb 2012, at rest March 19, 2012.