and perhaps inevitable...
multiple lung masses, largest two being 5cm diameter, one in each. 93%pulse ox still, but he's feeling the decreased space.
Some node involvement in the chest now. Liver involved. Rib cage. Pelvis, surrounding soft tissue, and hip.

Radiation on pelvis/hip to be considered next week. Pain is too great for him to get around the house much. Doc thinks this will alleviate that pain enough to make quality of life better for the three to six months he may have left.

As I've read, and well know, we cannot "pre-grieve" although we try. How I feel hit by a bus, I just don't know... We have been lucky to stretch this into the three years that we've had together since diagnosis. He's taking it so much better than I. He said he felt like 9 months last week.

I start my new job training Monday morning. I am very tempted to call and see if I can postpone a few months, but what the heck would I do? Something to occupy my mind, just might be good.

CG to my husband, Matt. Dx June 2009 Stage IV Oropharengeal SCC right tonsil primary with distant metastases. Rad to neck- Surgeries to lungs- Every avail chemo - ran out of options Jan 2012, called for hospice help Feb 2012, at rest March 19, 2012.