Magic Mouth Wash

1/3 each Maalox, Benadryl Elixir and 2%�Viscous lidocaine
1 pint. �
2tbs q4h, swish and spit

Susan,

You will need this called into a pharmacy by a dentist or physician.

Almost every day I say to my wife that it boggles my mind how anything we want to know is right at our fingertips with the internet. How did we ever find the answers to our questions before?

Unfortunately, there is a lot of misinformation out there. For anything important, don't use Wikipedia as the content can be changed by anyone.

Although it's been said before, this site has the best and most accurate information about oral cancer. One might think that coming here as a dentist, I knew everything about oral cancer. My education in this area really began in earnest the day I joined the OCF.

What Brian has accomplished here is an absolute godsend for thousands upon thousands of people. I for one, feel that I have become a much better person since I joined the OCF family almost 5 years ago. I had it easy with my treatment because I had some background to know that something was wrong with my tongue. (read my signature) The real heroes here are the rest of you, the survivors and the caregivers that give of themselves every single day. We have lost many dear friends since I've been here, to this a terrible disease. However, I truly believe, that the advice and encouragement given with love (sometimes tough love) here, has helped to save more lives than I can count.

So I'll get off my soap box now and try to get some sleep soon. That is after I see how many more feet of snow we're going to get on Wednesday. Susan, I'm afraid that New York City is not going to get away with it this time. When I asked for snow so I could have a banner skiing season this year, I didn't ask for this much.

Jerry

Retired Dentist, 59 years old at diagnosis. SCC of the left lateral border of the tongue (Stage I). Partial glossectomy and 30 nodes removed, 4/6/05. Nodes all clear. No chemo no radiation 18 year survivor.

"Whatever doesn't kill me, makes me stronger"