Susan,

1. I would wait for the path results before I schedule a FNA or an MRI or a PET.

2. It most commonly spreads to the nodes especially with HPV+ SCC. I was told that it next would spread to the lungs and brain but I don't remember many, maybe only a few, that have had a distant met since I've been on this site.

3. Don't know about skin cancer other than the pictures you see on the Web but this is not a cancer that anyone can Dx with any certainty. That's why we ALWAYS tell people to get a bio and wait for the results.

Finally, I had a huge gash on my tongue post Tx, almost as if the tongue split in 2 literally overnight and mine was associated with thrush and some horse pills takes care of that.

David

Age 58 at Dx, HPV16+ SCC, Stage IV BOT+2 nodes, non smoker, casual drinker, exercise nut, Cisplatin x 3 & concurrent IMRT x 35,(70 Gy), no surgery, no Peg, Tx at Moffitt over Aug 06. Jun 07, back to riding my bike 100 miles a wk. Now doing 12 Spin classes and 60 outdoor miles per wk. Nov 13 completed Hilly Century ride for Cancer, 104 miles, 1st Place in my age group. Apr 2014 & 15, Spun for 9 straight hrs to raise $$ for YMCA's Livestrong Program. Certified Spin Instructor Jun 2014.