Susan,

My ENT was much calmer but did tell me on the oral exam that he thought it was cancer, as he was getting ready to do a biopsy. He did the biopsy right then and I had the results in two days.

He said he would be very surprised if the biopsy came back negative. It was clear he had seen this before. He was right, but I did not go into overdrive until the biopsy results came back.

I think all of us have had some combination of a PET, CT or MRI scan. I got a CT many here have had PET scans others MRI�s. These are diagnostic tools and will help with the staging process (determine what stage he is at) its part of the process and you can�t draw ant conclusions from it.

I looked at proton therapy. The newest latest and greatest treatment for cancer. I had great advise and second opinions from two CCC�s. At the end of the day I chose the recommendation of the CCC�s and did IGRT radiation. I did not need chemo or surgery .

If you have questions on the latest treatments, please post them here. There are a lot of pro�s here who know the in�s and outs of the latest treatment options.

Kelly

Kelly
Male
48, SCC (Soft Palet) Rt.,
Stage 1, T3n0m0,
Dx, 8-09, Start IMRT 35 9-2-09 end 10-21-09
04-20-10 NED
8-11 recurrence, node rt. neck N2b
10-11 33 IMRT w/chemo wkly
3-12-12 PET - residual cancer
4-12 5 treatments with Cyberknife & Erbitux
6-19-12 Pet scan CLEAR