[quote]We are also calling a person who was recommended from Beth Israel(any thoughts on that place?).[/quote]
A good friend of mine had a friend with oral cancer who traveled from Israel to be seen by one of the doctors at Beth Israel. The friend was going to be treated in Israel but really wanted to get the Beth Israel doctor's opinion before treatment began. Let me know if you want the dr's name; I can PM it to you.

It never hurts to get second opinions; one poster here, davidcpa, got five -- and ended up going with the final one, from a top cancer center in Florida. He has said that if he had not persisted until he found a place where he felt he would get the best treatment, he would either be dead or have a considerably diminished quality of life.

[quote]Also, can someone point me towards some threads(or websites?) that discuss these tests.[/quote]
Probably the best place to start is here. The pages of the OCF site are filled with reliable information vetted by OCF's science advisory board.

There are two search engines available to you. One is for the message boards only, and it is located in the top right corner of each forum page. The other is for the main site; you can access it by clicking on the gold "Search" link at the bottom of each forum page or from the left rail of any page on the main OCF site.

Leslie

April 2006: Husband dx by dentist with leukoplakia on tongue. Oral surgeon's biopsy 4/28/06: Moderate dysplasia; pathology report warned of possible "skip effect." ENT's excisional biopsy (got it all) 5/31/06: SCC in situ/small bit superficially invasive. Early detection saves lives.