he is swallowing ginger ale to take his meds and it seems to go pretty well. He has finally resigned to using the feeding tube which is great.

I called and am getting 15 syringes so that I will have a supply. Never dreamed feeding tube syringes required a prescription. The good news on that is they will be covered by insurance.

The cancer center is offering a home visit and free counseling. I will have to run it by him as he usually balks at stuff like that.

He's in a different place now where I can deal with him, he's not happy about the feeding tube but I tell him when I'm coming back to help him so he can get used to the idea.

I did take him out to Walmart and he used the scooter thank goodness. I was concerned about him walking through the store. We got him some more jeans and some grooming things so he's wanting to take more care of himself. These are good signs.

I bought a white board like they use at the hospital. Not sure he will be happy about it but i"m writing the day of the week and the date on it as well as how much water he's taken in and formula plus his weight. It's helpful for me but also he is completely unaware of the days of the week and it will be good for him to know. He's coming out of this so much faster now that he is allowing nutrition.

Spouse of 58 yr old with BOT cancer
Stage 4a HPV16 positive
3 chemo treatments cisplantin
35 radiation treatments 7000 cGy
former smoker/chewed tobacco for 38 yrs.
1/2020 diagnosed with cancer near TMJ
4/2020 chemo 5 days every 2 weeks
6/2020 proton therapy
9/21/2020 cancer free