Denise...I wish he would try some sort of pain relief but he has refused. He took some hydrocodone briefly during treatment. It's just crazy that his throat has never been that painful 3-4 out of 10. He is fortunate.

Another question: is it important for him to try to swallow..is it like a use it or lose it scenario?

I asked what has changed as he had me worried last night but he said he must have been delusional. I'm going to buy a white board today and write the day, date, etc. like at the hospital as he is very confused about things and asks the weirdest stuff so maybe i can help him a bit with small amounts of info.

I told him we are going outside today and he liked that idea. I have to work on the psychological stuff by getting him moving and get him into the sun a bit for some Vit D. he literally lays in a totally black room year round. I have yard work that I need to do while it's in the 50s anyway. I also told him if he gets stir crazy, we will take the hour drive round trip to a medical supply to buy more feeding tube syringes.

He's not fighting me so much these days. Already got at least 8 oz of water in via feeding tube. He's still rarely going to the bathroom...maybe once a day.

Last edited by ConnieT; 10-17-2018 10:03 AM.

Spouse of 58 yr old with BOT cancer
Stage 4a HPV16 positive
3 chemo treatments cisplantin
35 radiation treatments 7000 cGy
former smoker/chewed tobacco for 38 yrs.
1/2020 diagnosed with cancer near TMJ
4/2020 chemo 5 days every 2 weeks
6/2020 proton therapy
9/21/2020 cancer free