well, he ended up in the ER. After telling the nutritionist of some of his odd behaviors, rad doc said go to the ER. hours later, he is admitted. I had to leave as my allergies were getting riled up plus I was tired. The nurse called as I was driving home from my second trip to Des Moines today (4 hours total driving!) to ask me questions since talking is difficult for husband. It was good to relay how long this has been going on and tell them how little food he has taken in over the last week...virtually nothing liquid or solid. I asked if they would teach him how to use that drip system with his feeding tube. We were just trying to figure it out when the doc's office called and said take him in so that's on the agenda tomorrow.

He wasn't as dehydrated as they expected but definitely enough to warrant an overnight stay. They are going to decide in the morning whether to do a scan on his brain or wait and see if hydration and nutrition in his body is enough.I truly think the nutrition or lack of it is the real problem. He did tell them he was seeing things and was delusional plus he was having tremors. Why is he so stubborn? He always thinks the rules do not apply to him and he wants to get to the front of the line as fast as possible. He's tried this behavior all through treatment and it only gets him in trouble.

I love this hospital/cancer center though. So glad we couldn't use our local hospital on so many levels. I would rather drive an hour each way and get the care he is getting in Des Moines.

Last edited by ConnieT; 10-08-2018 08:37 PM.

Spouse of 58 yr old with BOT cancer
Stage 4a HPV16 positive
3 chemo treatments cisplantin
35 radiation treatments 7000 cGy
former smoker/chewed tobacco for 38 yrs.
1/2020 diagnosed with cancer near TMJ
4/2020 chemo 5 days every 2 weeks
6/2020 proton therapy
9/21/2020 cancer free