I think you are correct Kristen. It's something he has control over and control is very important to him. He won't take the pain meds as he is terrified of constipation. He said his pain is at a 2 out of 10. The worst it ever got was 3-4 out of 10. I will keep asking if he wants to try to swallow and it's his choice.

His mind is a little better than last week thank goodness. He still cannot comprehend or react to things quickly enough to drive. He conned his son into leaving him the truck keys. I quickly came home and grabbed those. He has been told not to drive for at least a month and he honestly is a danger to himself and others right now. Feel like I'm raising a teenager these days which is better than last week when I called him a belligerent 2 yr old! We are making progress and he looks so much healthier than he had.

He just said that something has changed. I said something defines nothing. He said he would put it into words in the morning???? I have no idea what this entails. I assume nothing good.

Last edited by ConnieT; 10-16-2018 07:40 PM.

Spouse of 58 yr old with BOT cancer
Stage 4a HPV16 positive
3 chemo treatments cisplantin
35 radiation treatments 7000 cGy
former smoker/chewed tobacco for 38 yrs.
1/2020 diagnosed with cancer near TMJ
4/2020 chemo 5 days every 2 weeks
6/2020 proton therapy
9/21/2020 cancer free