I told him not to lay down after eating. I think he was so tired, that's all he wanted to do. He couldn't even keep down water put in his feeding tube which concerned me. I picked up the nausea meds. He wanted the cake i brought home from church for him as he has craved cake. I said not until 30 minutes after some nausea meds so I'm bringing him cake, a little vanilla ice cream and milk. I offered to make it into a shake but i guess he wants to try the cake as is. Not the healthiest choice of food but I wll let him give it a try.

He was walking around today so I'm taking that as a positive. I told him to put on new clothes as he's worn the same shirt since Thursday. I bought him some new smaller sizes plus washed all this t shirts. He asked why....I said, you need to change clothes once in awhile just to feel cleaner. He's still wearing the same shirt hours later...oh well.

ETA. he drank a little milk but it was too painful to swallow ice cream and a bite of cake so I asked if I could make it into a shake and he liked that idea. He took 2 drinks but said it was better but still painful. I said I will add more heavy whipping cream next time to make it even smoother. I don't think he's taking pain meds too much and never really has except for that feeding tube.

Now to keep it down.......

Last edited by ConnieT; 10-14-2018 11:30 AM.

Spouse of 58 yr old with BOT cancer
Stage 4a HPV16 positive
3 chemo treatments cisplantin
35 radiation treatments 7000 cGy
former smoker/chewed tobacco for 38 yrs.
1/2020 diagnosed with cancer near TMJ
4/2020 chemo 5 days every 2 weeks
6/2020 proton therapy
9/21/2020 cancer free