I have a question. is there an advantage to toughing it out and refusing pain meds?

I am up to 6 boxes now and I told him he will do 32 oz of water in that feeding tube. His output is so poor still. He grips about the water the most. He's dropped 8 more pounds.

He said he is not ready to swallow anything because of pain.

I did make him take a shower as he has worn the same shirt since I picked him up at the hospital last Thursday. I took all of his bed stuff and washed it too. I had him go outside and sit in the sun for 20 minutes and walk to the mailbox as his longest walk this week has been 10 steps to the bathroom. He just lays in bed the rest of the time. I figure it has to feel good to feel clean and have all of your bed stuff clean again. I worked on the psychological stuff today. His son took him for a ride while I was doing laundry.

He will not do the feeding tube unless I stand over him. I was gone for 6 hrs today and he did not do any water or feeding. I've become a full time nurse now as he refuses to take care of himself.

I will survive this....sorry my post is scattery....I feel scattery though today

Spouse of 58 yr old with BOT cancer
Stage 4a HPV16 positive
3 chemo treatments cisplantin
35 radiation treatments 7000 cGy
former smoker/chewed tobacco for 38 yrs.
1/2020 diagnosed with cancer near TMJ
4/2020 chemo 5 days every 2 weeks
6/2020 proton therapy
9/21/2020 cancer free