Slightly in his defense, I'll point out that when you get that tired and miserable, food isn't at all appealing. You don't want to eat ... so you get worse ... so you continue to not want to eat. I've had other illnesses long-term that had this effect, not just cancer treatments, and it stinks. (Between that and having kids, my weight has bounced like a ball on the moon since I got married ... sigh ... how anyone can be that sick while pregnant and still gain fifty pounds I will never grasp.) I think I hit 180 at one point, during pregnancy. Right now, I'm 115 due to nutrition struggles. For my height, that's ridiculously underweight. 'Normal' for me should be around 130, and I've been all around that up and down and sideways since this cancer stuff. (One doc tried to help with a depression med that increased appetite ... it worked, and then it WORKED, and we had to stop it!) I'm the size I was in high school. If I was still in treatment with radiation and chemo, this would be probably worth hospitalizing me over. If this is what your husband is doing, get him help. He's not going to be able to self-motivate ... his temperament isn't suited to it from what you tell us, and mentally he's not there right now, and physically he's not there either. (Sorry Christine ... I did try to keep up calories during treatment but me and that tube and the formula they gave me never did quite agree with each other! Connie, it's why I really advocate what she says to everybody else ... I couldn't do it, and paid for it.) Depression and food issues spiral down; they aren't self-fixing, especially if he's not in any kind of therapy (which I'll assume he's not, or if it he is, probably not following strict directions). I hate to suggest you get him back in the hospital, because I know that's a pain for you to have to deal with ... but it's probably what he needs, if your nutritionist doesn't make house calls. (Our formula delivery person was a nurse and checked in once in a blue moon. Not sure given your distance if you are getting that support.)

Surgery 5/31/13
Tongue lesion, right side
SCC, HPV+, poorly differentiated
T1N0 based on biopsy and scan
Selective neck dissection 8/27/13, clear nodes
12/2/13 follow-up with concerns
12/3/13 biopsy, surgery, cancer returned
1/8/14 Port installed
PEG installed
Chemo and rads
2/14/14 halfway through carboplatin/taxotere and rads
March '14, Tx done, port out w/ complications, PEG out in June