Oh Cheryl, I get your story. This disease is just so horrendous isn't it.
Why oh why do our family and friends abandon us ? Just at the time we need them most. I haven't seen my sister for nearly 3 years now. We used to talk for hours every week. Now, nothing. No empathy. No compassion. Yes it is heart breaking. The same with friends. Gone now from our lives.
I sense your own personal struggle and the tiredness and loneliness of coping with this disease and it's life changing effects.
I want to tell you that you are an amazing woman. You have walked every mile of this with your husband. Constantly by his side, encouraging, cajoling, supporting and fighting for him. You love him. But, you have needs too. I hear that. It is so important to look after yourself too. You must make time for yourself, just to breathe and give yourself the strength to carry on as you want to. Is there a girlfriend who you can share a coffee or walk with. Maybe a movie. I do this often. Kris understands that I need to maintain my friendships and continue to live life. I meet girlfriends for walks, coffee and lunch. I also love the time Kris and I spend together. It is good quality time. Are you and Doug able to get out at all? Do try and get out together, it has certainly helped us.
Come here often Cheryl. Just to vent is so therapeutic, but you will also find a wealth of support and advice.
Be kind to yourself and remember, you are not alone.
Tammy

Caregiver/advocate to Husband Kris age 59@ diagnosis
DX Dec '10 SCC BOT T4aN2bM0 HPV+ve.Cisplatin x3 35 IMRT.
PET 6/11 clear.
R) level 2-4 neck dissection 8/1/11 to remove residual node - necrotic with NED
Feb '12 Ca back.. 3/8/12 total glossectomy/laryngectomy/bilat neck dissection/partial pharyngectomy etc. clear margins. All nodes negative for disease. PEG in.
March 2017 - 5 years disease free. Woohoo!