I do apologize I did note this morning that Lady 1 was a member and originated the post. I do understand her concern with the citing of medical information. But part of what we do here is read, study, and ask questions. This combined with the fact that we've gone through treatment and invariably grilled the drs on different treatments etc... this gives us a fairly solid knowledge base (combined with an element that most drs don't have the option of obtaining and likely would never want to which is; a first person experience with the treatment). Am I saying we know more than the drs? hell no. I am saying we're a solid knowledge base period. Truth be told you can tell just by the varied answers from drs. that not all of them read the newest info and do try to stick to the tried and true or what the latest "trend" is (and I use the word "trend" loosely). So educating yourself really is a good thing and hearing all sides gives you the opportunity to make an informed decision. I find that some times when people feel threatened by what they hear, it's perhaps because they are already questioning their own choices. This site is not meant to attack by any means.. I absolutely agree tone has everything to do with how things are acceped. I found that there are always conflicting viewpoints on certain things. When that happens I look into it myself read as much as possible, ask questions of the people in the know (often a dr.) and then make what I hope is an informed decision. This is what anyone facing treatment, and this disease should do. After all a dr. who is caring for you will likely have your best interest at heart, but they also have another 1000 patients, so even if they are the most caring dr known to mankind they just simply cannot look out for you or your interests better than you or someone who loves you will.

Last edited by Cheryld; 11-27-2012 09:40 AM.

Cheryl : Irritation - 2004 BX: 6/2008 : Inflam. BX: 12/10, DX: 12/10 : SCC - LS tongue well dif. T2N1M0. 2/11 hemigloss + recon. : PND - 40 nodes - 39 clear. 3/11 - 5/11 IMRT 33 + cis x2, PEG 3/28/11 - 5/19/11 3 head, 2 chest scans - clear(fingers crossed) HPV-, No smoke, drink, or drugs, Vegan