I wasn't going to comment on the two women leaving but in fairness to Lady1, she was a registered user and actually started this whole thread so she did not just jump in. She did ask Brian to unregister her because she objected to posters citing studies without a medical degree. Rather naive faith in a medical degree IMO but certainly her right.
As for Heather, I can understand why she felt beleaguered, since the chorus on OCF can be quite deafening in insisting on certain approaches. I certainly encountered that when I first joined and challenged the conventional wisdom of OCF posters on getting a PEG, acceptable weight loss, excessive neck dissections and even getting second rounds of radiation.
I'm glad there are some members sending PMs to Heather (Lady1 would need to be contacted thru her private email if she had posted in her profile when she was registered) as it was a PM from DavidCPA which helped decide not to just write off the OCF forum.
But IMO there will always be posters who quit because they have one of more expectations which are inconsistent with public discourse even in a moderated forum. I started to enumerate them and realized my wording would just cause unnecessary dissension and discussion. Suffice it to say that while it's sad when posters quit, it would be worse if the OCF forum was reduced to only "poor baby - I wish you well" posts (not that there is anything wrong with those types of posts, I certainly have liked getting them myself on OCF and found them supportive) for fear of upsetting fragile personalities. Sometimes the decisions and positions evinced by posters should be challenged and not supported. We are all in this together and it's not easy.
In the past, other posters have come back to OCF after their first sulk is over. I hope these two do also.
Charm

Last edited by Charm2017; 11-26-2012 10:19 AM. Reason: toned it down

65 yr Old Frack
Stage IV BOT T3N2M0 HPV 16+
2007:72GY IMRT(40) 8 ERBITUX No PEG
2008:CANCER BACK Salvage Surgery
25GY-CyberKnife(5) 3 Carboplatin
Apaghia /G button
2012: CANCER BACK -left tonsilar fossa
40GY-CyberKnife(5) 3 Carboplatin

Passed away 4-29-13