Remember everyone can be different but Cheryl's timeline is the average. Some never have any problems and some have them from day one but I would guesstimate about 80% of us fall into the average column. This is still the rtime to eat eat eat and eat more, especially all of his favorite foods. Taste is the first to be affected and that doesn't come back for many many months. When taste goes so does appetite and desire to eat and it couldn't come at a worse time so prepare him mentally as he must consume at least 2500 cals a day from now until at least the end of his first year post Tx. Also don't forget the water, 48 ozs a day. Both are hugely important and the lack of either can lead to complications on top of potentially nasty side effects.

David

Age 58 at Dx, HPV16+ SCC, Stage IV BOT+2 nodes, non smoker, casual drinker, exercise nut, Cisplatin x 3 & concurrent IMRT x 35,(70 Gy), no surgery, no Peg, Tx at Moffitt over Aug 06. Jun 07, back to riding my bike 100 miles a wk. Now doing 12 Spin classes and 60 outdoor miles per wk. Nov 13 completed Hilly Century ride for Cancer, 104 miles, 1st Place in my age group. Apr 2014 & 15, Spun for 9 straight hrs to raise $$ for YMCA's Livestrong Program. Certified Spin Instructor Jun 2014.