The message sent is not always the message received (and vice versa).
My own �message received� from recent comments is this:

The comments that questioned Charm�s post about his experience or knowledge or the truthfulness of his comments saddened me immensely. I�ve been around this forum long enough to have seen over and over, the extent or Charm�s altruistic compassion, experience, impressive knowledge and generosity in helping anyone and everyone who comes here for help even while undergoing some difficult days himself. I fretted over this for some time.

And then, when I saw our founder Brian�s comments in support of Charm, it touched me to the core of my being because I saw the depth of his caring and concern for someone who had done so much for so many of us.

This is just my opinion, but when what appears to be an unkind comment is made to someone you care about, it seems natural to me to want to protect and support that person.

When we post things here or anywhere, we do not have the advantage of face-to-face communication, which can impact how a message is received. That�s where the �Preview� option can help should we want to �tone it down� before we hit the �submit� button.

There is such a wealth of information, experience, compassion and support available on this site for anyone going through the craziness of surviving oral cancer. It�s like no other anywhere. I do hope that the two who left us recently will reconsider and come back. And everybody will �play nice�. smile

Anne-Marie
CG to son, Paul (age 33, non-smoker) SCC Stage 2, Surgery 9/21/06, 1/6 tongue Rt.side removed, +48 lymph nodes neck. IMRTx28 completed 12/19/06. CT scan 7/8/10 Cancer-free! ("spot" on lung from scar tissue related to Pneumonia.)